Duties and Responsibility
Assistant Manager – Product Control
Product Control function is responsible for Daily P&L reporting for the Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) business operating in all major trading locations. The role will require expertise of financial products, understanding of business strategy, full ownership of P&Ls and core reconciliations, participate in change management projects as well the ability to communicate effectively across the bank/FMG.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The successful candidate will be involved in the execution of Daily P&Ls / reconciliations and monthly tasks (month end close and Balance Sheet Substantiation)
- Once a good working knowledge of the key tasks has been developed, it is expected that the candidate will develop improvements in terms of efficiency (speed of delivery) and presentation (to aid business review)
- You will be expected to regularly face off against members of the Trading Desks to resolve issues, support junior staff and also maintain positive client relationships
- You will also be expected to train and mentor new staff members
- You will be expected to maintain documentation of various processes and procedures up to date
- You will be required to continually question and attempt to improve the control environment that the business operates in
- Other ad hoc requirements from the business
You are an experienced person in financial services with an exposure to financial instruments and derivatives and a strong accounting background in the financial services industry
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Professional accounting qualification, preferably MBA or ACA with an interest in financial products.
- Minimum 4-6 years of post professional qualification experience.
- Background in product control with exposure to financial instruments is an added advantage.
- Willingness to work in different time zones (shift work) to support business.
Should be a CA or MBA in Finance
Should have experience working in Trading desk for reconciliations and maintaining Daily P&L
Should be from Financial Services Industry.