Required Qualifcation & Experience:
- Experience in Taxation and Finance.
Reporting to: CFO
- Ensure Business operations are developed and managed on a financially sound basis.
- Safeguard shareholder and policyholder assets through sound investment policies.
- Comply with all statutory and financial reporting as required by the board.
- Protects the assets of the company by managing the capital efficiently.
- Establishing an effective cash management system in place.
- Ensuring internal process control across the business activities.
- Fast changing regulatory and statutory environment making the need for an agile and adaptable task force in place.
- Attrition of manpower and Motivation of employees and aligning to the expectation of the business requirements.
- Strict solvency requirement to be met in a very competitive market environment.
- The CEO for discussing Business performance.
- The heads of the department for resolving any issues related to finance.
- The Auditors to finalize the audited financial statement on a quarterly basis.
- Tax consultants- Issue resolution with respect to various tax laws.
- Banks- CMS and other banking related aspects.
- Finance team members- a day to day guidance and discussion on finance department related issues and decisions.
- Finance related to MIS/reports.
- IRDA officials- in respect of regulatory aspects.
- Statutory authorities- in respect of tax assessment related.
- GI council- to represent industry issues.
- Industry FCs- to discuss industry issues.
General Insurance specialist with expertise in Finance, Accounts, taxation, Investments.
- Develop and lead a team to support the company’s financial framework.
- The financial infrastructure must be stable and able to support the required standards and processes.
- Continuous mentoring of the team towards achieving goals smartly & qualitatively.
- Establish the department as a key strategic driver of the business with appropriate systems and processes to facilitate an ongoing contribution that supports the various functions of the business.
- Actively participate in creating a challenging, empowered and supportive environment for one’s team providing adequate growth and development opportunities both professionally and personally by identifying the developmental needs and providing proper training needs to drive and help them achieve the organizational objectives.
- SOPs are developed and updated for all Key areas of finance operations for ensuring quality and TAT of all financial transactions.
- Ensuring adequate and effective internal control are in place in order to establish assurance of a sound system of internal control over financial reporting
- Ensuring, the effectiveness of the embedded use of Organizational and Procedural controls across the department, within the context of the Internal Control Environment, and to actively identify areas where controls can be strengthened and broader management issues improved, which directly impact performance.
- Remain updated on various tax laws amendments impacting the industry at all times.
- Taking proactive engagement with knowledge source in the industry and outside the industry for effectively dealing with industry issues on taxes and other regulatory aspects.
- Engage with Insurance council for sharing industry issues with Ministry/IRDA/other statutory bodies.
- Take charge of all financial books of accounts of the Company, and supervise the preparation of accounts as per local GAAP and IFRS
- Develop, implement and continuously enhance robust financial systems and processes that facilitate the implementation of the business plan and facilitate monitoring of the financial performance of the business
- Facilitate reporting on all statutory compliances including IRDA
- Effectively engage with all stakeholders including banks, consultants and auditors
- Ensure the system is in place to have better control of internal policies and procedures.
- Build strong relationships with/ influence the analysts and key stakeholders in the Financial and Insurance industry.