Duties and Responsibility
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Data Engineer is responsible for developing data pipeline and data engineering components to support strategic initiatives and ongoing business processes for XYZ Logistics. This role works with leads, analysts, and data producers/consumers to understand requirements, develop technical solutions, and ensure the reliability and performance of the data engineering solutions. This role will develop solutions that leverage, integrate with, and expand upon the company’s Data Engineering platform technologies and patterns.
§ Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or similar required.
§ Minimum Required Experience: Recent College Graduates accepted with moderately complex internship projects (6+ mo.)
§ Desirable Education/Experience: 1-10 years Hands-on experience in delivering solutions in at least two of
Data Modeling, Data Integration, Data Analysis, AWS, GCP
o Basic Data Analysis Skills
· Understanding of core principles of Data engineering and warehousing
· Ability to work with MPP databases like Netezza or Redshift or Teradata.
· Write SQL fluently, recognize and correct inefficient or error-prone SQL, and perform test-driven validation of SQL queries and their results
· Data pipeline concepts (like in Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS etc)
· Data Analytics and Visualization using R and Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy)
· Ability to read and understand logical data models and physical data models
o Other Technical / Computer Skills
Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
§ Hands-on experience in delivering solutions in at least two of Data Modelling, Data Integration,Data Analysis