Database Architect who would contribute towards building a strong data sciences team along with maintaining & optimizing the current databases for high throughput.
- Coding and optimization of MySQL & MongoDB queries.
- Configuring and tuning databases for high throughput
- Manage all requirements around data analytics for the organization
- Implementation of security best practices
- Carry out the day to day database operational activities such as installations, patching, deployments, monitoring and other activities within the scope of database operations
- Monitor alerts and take corrective actions or escalate as required. Re validation of situations/thresholds.
- Perform Health Check of database subsystems as per schedules
- Strong database technology skillsets, namely MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, RDBMS
- Strong data analytics technology skill sets
- Exposure to machine learning models and their application
- Strong development skills on at least one language like NodeJS or Python
- A skilled and pragmatic approach
- Experience with user-centered design, test-driven development, iterative/incremental and agile practices
- Individual applying to the role should ideally have the following attributes :
Ø Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
Ø Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
Ø Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
Ø Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
Ø Prepares users by conducting training.
Ø Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
Ø Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Ø Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure