Job description – DevOps
Are you an expert CI/CD and DevOps engineer? Are you looking to take the next step in your career with the most cutting edge technology companies? Do you pride yourself in building and maintaining enterprise quality DevOps automations? If so, join our team at XYZ, where we are dedicated to build a word class platform team which is making huge impact on productivity and release cycles at scale for XYZ GPU Cloud Computing group.
XYZ is an industry leader with groundbreaking development in High-Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence and ML/DL. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will play a key role in defining, designing, developing and maintaining the DevOps tools, frameworks & platforms.
- You will implement, advocate and carry out CICD conventions and write tools to automate various steps involved in this process.
- Utilize skills to automate complex tasks and improve the efficiency of solution by writing unit tests, code metrics checks, integration and functional automated tests.
- You will help to build and deploy container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, storage solution like swift stack into on-prem and external Cloud service providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.,
- Develop and maintain visualization solutions (like dashboards) to report critical build and release metrics, release logs, launch velocity & many more.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and experts to integrate multiple XYZ products into the release workflows.
- Enable development team by providing automated build and test solutions using Docker, Kubernetes and on-prem/CSPs.
- You will setup and maintain a stable CI infrastructure using recommended platforms and tools to improve efficiency in product release cycle.
What we need to see:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8-12 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding core principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM), CI and CD.
- Experience in Public Cloud environment (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Strong programming and debugging skills in Python/Java/Go/C# with extensive bash scripting experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux internals.
- Experience in developing and maintaining PaaS solutions
- Experience with Gitlab/GitHub or other source version control systems.
- Knowledge of building and packaging software written in Go, Java and/or C++.
- Knowledge of build tools like GMake, Maven or Ant.
- Experience with tools for CI/CD setup such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Packer, Terraform, Artifactory or similar tools.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Deep knowledge of AWS, Azure or other CSPs.
- General web networking knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, firewalls)
- Good understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Experience in configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Solid knowledge of Linux based operating systems like Ubuntu.
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated ability to solving complex issues involving multiple software or hardware components.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix environment.