The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Develop and implement social media strategies to align with business goals, and plans to build brand awareness.
– Work with the marketing team and graphic designer to develop content and creatives for all channels, that are aligned with brand guidelines.
– Review the success of campaigns and develop ways to improve.
– Research new media platforms, trends, current benchmark trends, audience preferences and industry opportunities. Provide feedback from social media trends and research; relay it to business strategists.
– Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
– Manage the social media organic team so as to create, maintain, and grow existing social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, among others. This will further entail the following responsibilities –
- Oversee, edit and approve the organic calendar as per the SOP (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Oversee design and updation of social media accounts (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, company details on pages, YouTube layout/ cover videos, etc)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Drive engagement with social media influencers
- Monitor social media progress using web analytic tools
- Ability to deliver creative content strategies (text, image and video)
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
– Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
– Excellent copy writing skills.
– Knowledge of online marketing channels.
– Prior work-experience working with a startup is a plus