|Summary overview of responsibilities:|
|Director – Engineering will be responsible for owning e2e delivery of ARDW product. He will have architects, SMEs and Engineering managers reporting into him. He will be responsible for the following – Solution, Development, Quality of ARDW product across 100+ customers|
|• Responsible for all delivery and operational aspects of R&D division in Bangalore|
• Results Leadership: Align organization and resources in order to meet agreed strategic business objectives of ARDW Product
• People Leadership – Manages and lead successful teams towards agreed objectives
• Thought leadership – Explore and motivate innovative business and technology solutions
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the main commercial, operational and financial drivers and leverages it to drive organizational results
• Strategy – Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long-range business plans
Communicate organizational strategy consistently to team members
• Innovation – Constantly challenge status quo to drive innovation in the organization
• Change Management – Promotes new ways of looking at products, problems and processes
• Foster a sense of ownership, empowerment and personal commitment to work. Create a work environment that inspires and encourages people to excel
• Talent Development – Identifies required capabilities and skill gaps within organization and invests time in developing the capability
• Build team cohesiveness, Sets a high bar by being a role model of ABC values thus inspiring the team
• Conflict Management – Addresses conflict openly and constructively, focusing on issues rather than people
• Cultivate networks throughout the organization to garner support and create a foundation for future influence
• Responsible for building a strong knowledge base in product, domain and functional areas
• Responsible for building strong, highly motivated, vibrant, innovative and highly professional teams
Active participation and contributions in organization building activities across department/divisions
Work in fast paced development environment, interacting with product owners, business analysts, testers, developers and stakeholders across geographical locations
|Relevant job experience:|
|Experience: 18+ years|
• A strong software development background on Java/J2EE and New UI technologies
• Extended background of hands-on coding experience is a must
• Sound knowledge of SDLC, continuous integration, continuous build etc.
• Project planning, risk resolution, conflict resolution a MUST
• Ability to mentor team and guide them to propose solutions.
• Proven background on managing teams of Managers.
• Highly creative: constantly thinks of new approaches to solving problems.
• Technical mind set on current trends and ability to drive innovations
• Excellent communication – oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good leader who believes in collaboration, team work and recognition of right talent.
• Ability to build, manage, motivate & engage talented, high potential engineers of varied level of experiences and expertise
• High in energy, ability to adapt to fast pace development
• Good understanding of Matrix Managed organizations that are geographically distributed
• Experience in working with colleagues in European countries is a plus Domain
| · Manages the delivery of complex, high risk customer. Responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects or programs from requirements gathering through handover to ongoing steady state operations. Acts as primary interface to the internal and external stakeholders|
· Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies. Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW). Categorizes requirements into a project plan detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks.
· Prepare risk and remediation plan. Responsible for creating one team approach, goals and milestones within a project. Adheres to established standards, processes, and methods to produce solutions that conform to requirements. Strives for, maintains and further develops excellence in processes and services
· Establishes project governance. Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities.
· Engage with the client facing Product/Program Manager to clarify the scope, budget, engagement success criteria and plan staffing. Participate in weekly project status calls with the Project Manager to track progress and acts as the 1st level of escalation on delivery matters
· Works with Resource Management on project staffing. Accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer and sales.
· Prepares estimated time to complete, manages back-log, cost budget and the impact of change requests on cost budget. Responsible for correct invoicing.
· Responsible for Quality Assurance; ensure project is delivered to scope defined within SOW and ensures any deviations are processed via defined Change Control process. Participates in customer discussions regarding budget, risk and impact of changes. Communicates to all concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues. Proactively manages the escalation and drives the change control process
· Point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement. Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel. Holds internal and customer kick-off meeting as appropriate. Responsible for preparing regular status reports and conducting steering committees where appropriate
· Articulates the full value of the Solutions and Services business benefit to the customer. Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities with the customer and communicates to sales as appropriate.
· Engage with senior leadership and other stakeholders to resolve escalations / issues, provide updates, review objectives and align delivery organization to the overall company strategy Develop communication plans and ensure effective collaboration with the globally distributed team
Currently working on Senior Engineering Manager / Technology Head / Director Engineering ….
Technology : J2EE + Latest UI Tech stacks