Duties and Responsibility
Experience: 4+ years of experience.
Qualification: B.E/B.Tech/ME /M.Tech /MSc in RS/GIS/Photogrammetry/Geomatics or related subjects like Earth Sciences, Geography.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and test new data sources, (GIS) software, and organizational tools.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Design, develop, and implement systems and databases for storing and accessing geospatial data.
- Standardize and define metadata for geographic data, and track need for data format conversion.
- Undertaking data analyses and data conversion.
- Coordinating the acquisition of new spatial data and supervising the integration of these data into the department’s GIS.
- Developing and managing quality control procedures.
- Performing spatial analyses.
- Managing individual data.
- Providing support for GIS data conversion and cartographic design and high quality map production.
- Designing and implementing training plans
- Assisting in training various aspects of the GIS software and database creation and use.
- Diagnosing and “troubleshooting” problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
- Supporting users.
- 3+ years of experience in Mapping and GIS.
- Strong knowledge of ESRI suite of products and AutoCAD Map.
- Experienced in different types of Spatial Data and standards.
- Should have thorough knowledge in GIS Data conversions.
- Should have strong knowledge in GIS databases.
- Good working knowledge of other GIS software(s) is an added advantage.
- Work experience in enterprise level GIS systems is an added advantage
- Working knowledge in SAP is also an advantage.