This position is responsible for:
- Contributing to project budget finalization, contracting related strategies and standardizing all processes of the Contracts department
- Finalizing all items/services for procurement as per the project plan, selection of vendors, cost estimation and negotiation for all procurement activities of the project
- Playing a key role in appointing different consultants in association with the management and maintaining comprehensive documentation, reviewing reports and resolving of all site issues related to contracts
- Initiating, supervising and completing all approvals, clearances and no objections for the project as per norms and statutes of the land
- Formulates, negotiates and administers complex, integrated, high-value contractual agreements for projects in consultation with Top management
- Authorizes & mediates through the contract procedure based on project segment which includes: identifying, developing and negotiating with vendors on the basis of pre-qualification criteria, cost analysis & bids/quotes; adhering to budget requirements.
- Discusses and finalizes appointment of different Project Consultants/Architects/Contractors in association with the Management
- Finalizes work contracts including final agreed terms, conditions, deviations, addendum complying with all statutory requirements.
- Plans & makes estimate of cost/quantity of materials & services as per the project plan and prepares budget for procurement of materials/services in consultation with Projects & own team.
- Analyses price proposals, reviews and interpret contract provisions to achieve cost efficiency and reductions where feasible in consultation with Top Management.
- Decides to approve/reject internal and/or contractor requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules to control cost.
- Decides on awarding contracts by analysing all particular criteria and qualification of the contractors.
- Assumes accountability for the profitability against a range of differing contracts through a Contract Review process and taking ownership for the bridge between tendered and required margins.
- Identifies issues related to Quantity surveying and proposes solutions for approval.
- Guides the external consultants on providing drawings and plans which would incur least resistances in approvals and clearances thus saving on time and money.
- Supervises all the contracts and agreements required for the project, related to service vendors/ material vendor’s identification, negotiation & selection.
- Ensures adherence to procurement budget and ensures on time procurement of materials & services.
- Guides the Project team on contractual conditions, deviations/ modifications and change of plans during execution.
- Evaluates and monitors Contractor performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Resolves disputes in consultation with Project team with vendors and contractors at site.
- Advises External consultants/legal partners on efficient ways to obtain clearances and approvals
- Analyses comparative study for all quotes for selection of vendors who would provide the right services and materials.
- Decides on all procurement items for the project and lists down materials and services required
- Formulates the contract review process thereby focusing on contract performance, WIP, debt, etc. to ensure that forecasted final cost, value and profit reconciliations are produced against the contracts on a regular basis.
- Approves all invoices as per contracts and guides project team members accordingly to adhere to contracts.
- Certifies bills sent from Projects and checks their adherence to contracts.
- Assesses contractor service value and product/service reliability relative to cost; plans, organizes, and coordinates acquisition alternatives, as appropriate.
- Checks Quantity surveying documentation as received from the project site and matches the same with BOQ and also actual consumption as per data and documents received.
- Reviews generation of Contract reports for management decision making on (Timelines, Validity and Work Scope & Dependencies)
Knowledge of Statutes and Compliances, Contract Management, Material Management
Specialization (if any)
We are looking for people from construction, infrastructure or real estate developers in a contracts role.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND PROJECT MANAGER CVs. THIS IS A CONTRACTS ROLE.
This position will handle contract management for the promoters villas, farm houses and bungalows