Duties and Responsibility
|Summary of the Role|
|This position demands a technical lead who can drive Infrastructure Cloud transformation for Amadeus Private / Public and Hybrid cloud; Lead automation of Infrastructure which includes but not limited to Network, Compute, Virtualization, Storage technology domains on Infrastructure as a Service / Software Defined Datacenter. Lead both Conventional & DevOps delivery model for Infrastructure Cloud Services.|
|· Technically lead the Infrastructure Cloud Services global teams; provide the roadmap, technical direction and advice; drive DevOps & automation projects from Bangalore.|
· Design and development of tools to monitor, deploy and scale infrastructure operations efficiently.
· Align with organization priorities and Plan, Design, Implement & report Cloud Infrastructure automation & DevOPs. Present plan to report to leadership team & global stakeholders
· Analyze systems and identify problems, evaluate, design solutions, and document.
· Develop, automate and implement operations best practices for virtualization environments
· Test and troubleshoot systems on virtualized architecture in a hybrid cloud environment.
· Conduct performance testing of virtualized architecture.
· Provide recommendations for emerging technologies related to cloud
· Maintain cloud industry standards
· Coordinate with multiple development and ops teams as well as customer support teams.
· Collaborate globally and leverage teams across Infrastructure Cloud Services & other stakeholders.
· Analyze Customer needs; design, code, test, debug using scripts to support operational needs leveraging transversal teams across the globe.
· Responsible for automatic upgrade, implementation, configuration, monitoring, integration & reporting of infrastructure components
· Implement & drive automation framework and product lifecycle management.
|Skills & Knowledge – Technical & Other Competencies|
· Good Understanding and exposure in Virtualization & Cloud Technologies like VMware product suite, RedHat Openstack; OpenShift; Docker; Kubernetes.
· A solid understanding of DevOps Life Cycle and bring better practices within the team
· Very good Automation & scripting skills and mapping flows for automations
· Solid scripting exposure (e.g., PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python) & Databases
· Experience with IaaC software (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
· Experience working with CI/CD tools like Git & Version control experience
· Skilled in container environment (Redhat, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift) Integration and automation.
· Experience with monitoring and metrics platforms (Nagios, LibreNMS, Prometheus, Graphite, Splunk)
· Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls
· Infrastructure Automation around Network: Switches, Routers, Load balancers & Firewalls; Compute: Compute: Rack Mounted and Blade Servers (HPE, Lenovo & Dell); Storage: Block & file storage; Virtualization: VMware,
· Experience with RESTful APIs, HTML, XML, JSON encoding, GPB (Google protocol buffers)
· Experience working with NoSQL databases
· Understanding of Resolve, BladeLogic; Good understanding of firmware· Exposure to Kanban, Agile, Scrum methodologies towards development & project management.
· Strong experience interacting with customers on issue debugging and resolution.
· Forecasting Technology evolution for the Organisation.
· Ability to lead change.
· Provides insights into industry benchmarks and best practices.
· Owns up current inefficiency in the process and takes accountability to change them.
· Manage complex and sensitive stakeholder issues and create long term solutions.
· Ability to solve complex problems.
· Able to design future proof solutions.
· Involvement in internal /external communities, transversal activities across Business Units.
· Efficient and Productive in ambiguity.
· Stimulates an innovative environment that drives individuals to find new ways of achieving goals and objectives.
· Establishes solid internal and global network within Amadeus
· Ensures the vision is translated to actionable strategy for the transversal teams
· A strong role model with high standards that motivates the team members
· Mentor and Coach Individual contributors in technology evolution & transformation.
· Exhibit Result, People & Thought leadership as per Amadeus Competency framework.
|Education and Years of Experience|
|· Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of technical education or equivalent.|
· Strong technical leadership; problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting skills
· Ability to lead, drive & execute independently with minimal supervision and as a team in multi-cultural environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good presentation skills with the ability to convey ideas
· Relevant Specialist / Expert level certification
Relevant Job Experience:
Total of 12+ years infrastructure experience with minimum 4 years of work experience in Private / Public / Hybrid Cloud Transformation & DevOPs