The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing, advising, and negotiating mutually agreeable terms and conditions for commercial contracts with customers, intermediaries, suppliers and other third party;
- Identifying risks and issues, and suggesting alternatives that leads to the best solution for us.
- Participating in conducting risk assessment for commercial contracts and making recommendations to minimize our risk in contractual relationships;
- Advising the local management team on business, and regulatory issues;
- Preparing and conducting training on various legal and compliance matters (including but not limited to Law of Contract, mediation, arbitration, our Code of Business Conduct etc.)
- Enforcing our intellectual property rights and brand protection through various activities such as issuance of cease and desist letters;
- Creating, administrating and maintaining contract file management system for various litigious matters (including but not limited to settlement, litigation matters etc.) ;
- Reviewing and drafting of local company policies and monitoring the enforcement of our directives;
- Negotiating, maintaining, and renewing global framework agreement with key business etc.
- Conducting legal research and providing clear recommendations regarding matters of law and corporate risk and compliance;
- Engaging and managing of external legal counsels.;
- Supporting our Ethics and Compliance function and driving a strong culture of governance and compliance;
- Monitoring compliance across the business and identifying areas presenting an elevated risk of non-compliance;
- Investigating and making recommendations on various compliance related issues;
- Providing guidance and instruction to the regional counsels for both compliance and legal matters;
- Assisting Group Compliance to conduct investigations on various subject matters;
- Being responsible for the role as company secretary
- Being responsible for international trade related compliance matters and organize the relevant training in the local company
Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Sound commercial and litigation foundation
· Experience relating to internal investigation or fraud investigation
· Experience relating to alternate dispute resolution (mediation/ arbitration)
· Experience in devising and delivering effective compliance/legal training programs
· Indisputable level of integrity, trustworthiness, and high level interpersonal skills and experience in managing relationships with key stakeholders including senior management.
· Microsoft Office
· Advanced knowledge in arbitration and litigation related matters
· Minimum 10 years of law firm and/or private and in-house experience
· Passed the local lawyer qualification exam
1) MNCs only
2) LLB+ CS
3) A minimum of secretarial experience will do.
4) End to end legal function handling experience