Manager – Legal (M2)
Director – Legal, Reputation and Risk Office (RRO)
Positions that reports to this position:
The role may need to supervise and guide the internal lawyers in the team.
Liaises with (Internally):
Includes Functional Risk Leaders, Service Line Leaders, Functional Leaders, RRO Team, Independence and Conflicts Check Teams, other Partners and Professionals.
Liaises with (Externally):
Professionals (including legal) from other firms in the Deloitte network, client representatives (including external counsels), vendors, outside counsels, etc.
Financial Authority Limit:
Primary purpose of the role:
· Supporting high-end corporate work – such as joint ventures, practice augmentation, partnership deeds.
· Corporate work such as procurement.
· Supporting new product launches.
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
· Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
· Other matters.
Major responsibilities & deliverables:
· Risk identification and managing/mitigation, and other legal matters.
· Promoting initiatives that further professional practice interests.
· Drive projects for the RRO team.
· Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
· Generally assisting the Director – Legal in the legal matters relating to risk and reputational aspects.
· Developing formats /templates for various contracts.
· Assistance in developing policies for the firm from risk and quality perspective.
· Assistance in preparing material (presentations) for workshops & training programs.
· Other legal matters
The candidate must have solid legal knowledge and skills, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward. The following are important, among others:
· Ability to understand complex matters.
· Solid understanding of laws such as FEMA, company law, employment law, competition law, etc.
· Risk spotting ability – the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
· Analytical skills – should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
· Effective verbal and written communication skills – should be able to draft legal clauses / contracts, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
· Dispute resolution experience would be desirable.
Bachelor of Law (LLB); Associate/Fellow Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Graduation in Commerce, desirable.
Experience required, Any Specific Industry / Company exposure:
· Experience – Around 8-12 years
· Experience preferably that of handling similar profile in IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, Financial Services, or Manufacturing industry.