Key responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrated (hands on litigation management experience) and subject matter knowledge of Civil, Criminal Litigation, Pre-litigation dispute resolution, Arbitration, Negotiable Instruments Act, Contract Act, Sales of Goods Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Insurance Laws, Consumer Protection Laws, Motor Vehicles Act, Labour & Employment etc.
- Drafting of suits, written statements, writs, counter affidavits, rejoinders, appeals, contempt petitions, miscellaneous applications, affidavits, consumer complaints, original complaints, notice invoking arbitration, Section 9, 11 & 34 petitions under Arbitrations and Conciliation Act, Appeals U/s 37 (2) of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, Complaint under Section 340 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- Experienced in Liasoning with police, enforcement agencies, various government officials for resolution of cases (both at pre-litigation and post litigation stages).
- The incumbent will be responsible to provide legal assistance, advice and guidance to the business heads and respective stakeholders of the Company to resolve commercial disputes, criminal matters, pre-litigation matters, recovery matters by or against the Company and/or its officials.
- Co-ordinate, follow-up, maintain records (MIS) in dispute resolution & litigation matters, including collection/recovery matters both filed by or against the company. Keeping a track on the progress of all the litigations filed by or against the company or its officials and preparing MIS for the same.
- The incumbent will be required to identify and empanel competent law firms/ lawyers across India. Also required to liaison with various stake holders, consumers, dealers, banks for recovery process.
Formulate and implement strategies for recovery of bad debt/repossession of assets from possession of the defaulters.
- Streamline the documentation/procedures and develop new systems for enhancing and strengthening various business verticals in a legally compliant manner.
- The position may require frequent travel, on a PAN India basis, to manage litigations and appear before various courts, tribunals, forums or regulatory and governmental agencies as representative of the Company.
- Preparing, highlighting and updating Head of Corporate Litigation and higher management of the company regarding status of litigation and highlighting high stake cases.
- Conduct/ coordinate through research on legal issues, updated with latest judgments and changes in laws, ability to interpret laws and provide best solutions.
The Candidate should be:
- A highly motivated self-starter and able to function independently in a “hands-on” environment.
- Able to work independently on standard tasks with a minimum amount of supervision, providing feedback that assists with the work of the team.
c) Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent document/file management abilities.
- Able to work well in a high-pressure environment and within very tight timelines.
- Experience in relevant field preferably Bank, NBFC Unsecured Debt recovery Portfolio Proficient in MS Excel and various MIS on regular interval.