• Conceptualize and participate in the conceptualization of new ideas, research the new ideas, and evaluate them objectively from a market and financial standpoint (18%)
• Market and client research (18%)
Objectively conceptualize research and evaluate new ideas from a market and financial standpoint
Keep abreast of the online payments landscape, competitors and clients needs
Effective market research to determine appropriate opportunities to gain competitive advantage
• New product development and implementation (18%)
Implement appropriate procedures in line with the requirements and process in ‘user’ units.
Overall responsibility for the delivery of all bill and invoice payment products (editions / versions / upgrades / features / builds) to TPSL’s customers
Quality and timely implementation of the bill and invoice payment products
Issue resolution in relation to bill and invoice payment product related issues
Adherence to and application of established policies, processes, procedures and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance and cost containment.
Ongoing review of existing functionalities to ensure end to end process are functioning adequately
• Monitor (via KPIs) the sale of the various bill and invoice payments products to current and prospective customers of TPSL in order to generate maximum income (18%)
Track and increase utilization of payments by current and prospective customers
Track volume, pricing and related revenue
Manage bill and invoice payment product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed targets
Follow up with business development/sales to ensure appropriate selling of bill and invoice payment products
• Promote product awareness via appropriate internal training and marketing collateral (18%)
Create bill and invoice payments product awareness within TPSL in order to embed physical, electronic and digital payments culture with the business development, sales and service delivery teams through internal training and providing them with presentations, access to demos and collateral
Planning and developing the marketing strategy for bill and invoice payment products
• Regional channel review and implementation (10%)
Provide support to the regional teams for the bill and invoice payments product
•Bachelor’s Engineering degree in Computer Science or related field
•Minimum of 5 years of management experience in online product development
(concept to rollout to operation)
•Must have at least 7 years experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering online products to market
•Strong understanding of the product management lifecycle
•Strong project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
•Experience in complex engagements
•Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud based applications
•Technical skills to effectively perform implementation and management of online products activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
• Knowledge and effective application of all relevant strategies, policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and project management methodology and to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
• Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
• Strong oral, written communication, planning and organizing skills to effectively plan own time and manage assigned projects
• Sales and Marketing skills to effectively determine product strategies and pricing to expand market share
• Business Development skills to effectively segment the target market, gather market intelligence and identify opportunities for TPSL to sell its products
• Commercial Awareness to Understand and apply commercial and financial principles to business thinking.
• Good understanding and application of analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge of operational and systems user requirements for financial and payment products
• Sound understanding of marketing principles, ideally backed with suitable experience
•Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices and their application to product management
•Self motivated, team player, action and results oriented
•Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
•Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
• Ability to present, explain and resolve complex problems and escalated issues