About the Role
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer – Signalling to work in our Franchisee Projects Division. This is part of a large scale project that will interface and work with State projects as part of Victoria’s Big Build, which in turn will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services. In this role, you will support the Project Manager in the delivery of project tasks and milestones and assist in the interface management with contractors, various MTM business groups and the State.
About your responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of scope documentation for specific activities/works and progress the engagement of the contractor/supplier, including tendering, evaluation contract award
- Assist the Project Manager with the submission of the Project Monthly Report to MTM management and development of reports and associated tools to identify and correct problem areas
- Discharge all responsibilities in a manner that ensures that the safety of the operating system is not compromised during the life of the project, and safety of contractors and Metro employees is at the forefront of all project related activities
- Adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved
- Lead the detailed planning for specific project activities, as assigned by the Project Manager
- Manage all aspects of allocated projects in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contractors to progress projects to implementation and commissioning
- Manage individual packages of work on the project, as assigned by the Project Manager, through the complete project life cycle
- Manage the administration and control of Contract Instructions, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, ensuring that any change of scope, direction to proceed, site instruction etc, is given to the Contractor(s) in writing and correctly documented
- Manage the receipt of design information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties
- Manage the handover process at project completion ensuring that all the key stakeholders are involved and that project documentation is completed in accordance with procedures
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, with all project risks mitigated and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering suitable for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Review design solutions and provide recommendations aligned to design principles and relevant engineering standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline (essential).
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of rail infrastructure projects (essential).
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence with a high-level of attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with an ability to work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders including relevant government body representatives and contractors.
- You will be a highly focused and driven person who is passionate about contributing to the delivery of public infrastructure, working within a high-performing project team to drive exceptional outcomes
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to take your career in the right steps and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure.
If what we are looking for resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!