POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
The Sales Capability Manager is responsible for to lead the training initiatives in the region/branches assigned as per the business requirements.
The person will report to the Vice President – National Key Accounts and Sales Excellence. The incumbent will have to work as part of a multi-functional team and this involves collaboration with the internal team and external stakeholders.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identification of training needs and designing relevant modules, activities, and tools to ensure a consistent and professional approach across with the aim of increasing standards of sales performance.
· Fully implement and implant 6×6 sales model and Sales Performance Assessment tool.
· Work closely with Branch manager to improve their ability to coach sales people in the field and their ability to manage performance in their area of responsibility.
· Project management and delivery of country specific sales activities to ensure consistency & continuous improvement of sales performance standards. This includes, sales induction program, Basic Technical course for sales people, development workshops, etc.
· Developing & monitoring sales force KPIs dashboard (DSP, Pipeline etc). This information is then collated & analyzed to provide status report to the country leadership team.
· To “raise the standard” of training by constantly monitoring new trends and ‘ways of working’, including updating of training courses, making them relevant to country requirements. Any changes should be in line with the agreed global / regional / country strategic thrusts and business needs.
· Work closely with the local HR team in the recruitment process as needed. This is to ensure that the caliber of salespeople joining the sales team is consistently high and that new recruits possess the appropriate competencies at the right levels. This includes the recruitment of CSEs.
· Active participation & contribution to business strategy development & deployment and in measuring the progress of these strategies.
· Ensure, assess and maintain the implementation of strategic initiatives (6×6 basic selling steps with selling tools and selling skills, Sales leadership development centers, Tendering and large contract, etc).
· Monitors sales team progress against these initiatives and provides feedback to the business/leadership team as and when required.
· Link Sales strategy to Marketing initiatives to ensure that there is a common agenda for the country.
· Delivery of Sales Excellence Work shop as per the schedules set
· Route Riding with CSE’s at Branch to understand the requirement for capability Development
· Review of CSE, BM on weekly basis to improve sales pipe line and sales performance and develop understand of sales team in interpretation of data
· Develop understanding of GM & DM in interpretation of DSP, Pipeline and SPA data for them to take necessary corrective action
· Develop Sales Capability development plan with an objective of improving CSE performance.
CORE COMPETENCIES –
· Knowledge experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
· Budget development and oversight experience
· A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· Excellent people manager, open to direction and Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Ability to look at situations from several points of view
· Problem solving
· Ability to work independently
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS –
· Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) with overall experience of 8 to 12 years in sales. Out of which 2 to 4 years in training sales people.
· Previous experience of team management will be added advantage
· Strong background and work experience in hardcore sales
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft office
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
· Open to travel as and when required
- Strong background and work experience in hardcore sales is must
- Preferred industry FMCG, FMCD, Documents Management, Telecom, Pest Control
- Someone who has managed Hardcore sales and then moved to sales training