Duties and Responsibility
The PostgreSQL Database Developer is responsible for developing database code powering the our cloud platform to support millions of IoT nodes. This is a central role in our development team that will create the database schema and functions that interface with the schema, build effective APIs that access and manipulate very large data-sets, working with product managers, front end developers and DBAs.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Work closely with the CTO to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation
- Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs
- Work with DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content
- Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
- Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented
- Participate in the product discussion and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in reviews
- 3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON
- Post-GIS proficiency and grasp of core geo-spatial concepts
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
- Experience with Python/Go Programming
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other other high performance data concepts
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex data-sets and data structures
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or relevant field with equivalent experience