As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data
between server and user. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic,
definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and
responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating
the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of
front-end technologies is necessary.
• Design, build, and maintain the core backend stack.
• Code & design review of application and database changes done by other engineers.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
• Work closely with Product management on feature design and Project
management on estimates and schedules.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec
• Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc
depending on your technology stack.
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass, based on
• Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
• A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
• Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Good communication skills, translate product requirements to technical design and implementation
• Familiarity with Continuous integration and other deployment strategies
• Familiarity with devops tools is a plus. (Salt, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience in leading a team
• Good debugging skills
• Experience in using Linux on production environment. Using bash/ssh to debug production issues.
• Knowledge on AWS and its services is a plus.