Job Summary –
A Tech. Lead is responsible for seamless execution of the development plan; by providing optimal and innovative solutions, developing high-quality code and guiding a team of devs or sr. devs. A Tech. Lead is expected to possess expert-level knowledge of CRM platforms, business functions, and essentials of systems’ integration.
A Tech. Lead needs to conduct the following responsibilities at work –
Billability of at least 32 hrs per week (Util Target). Resource needs to ensure that assigned hours are utilized on each project.
Perform thorough analysis by
- Understanding business/functional needs of the project and correlating it on individual task levels
- Check whether the implementation is possible or not; respecting the Salesforce environment’s limitations or governors.
- Evaluate whether stated requirements (or a part) can be achieved via configuration before opting for coding.
- Determine all hidden use cases
- Framing workarounds for any identified blockers, challenges or risks
- Ideating optimal solutions for complex requirements
- Sharing impact analysis results with stakeholders
- Evaluating the feasibility of using any library assets/components (either already sold or not)
A Tech. Lead must discuss the approach with TM or an onshore TA and finalize the ETAs.
- Develop high-quality scalable code by –
- Following Salesforce.com and Silverline-CRM standards/best practices
- Leverage recommended frameworks (ex. Test framework or Trigger framework) and come up with the most optimal design patterns/architecture
- Write comprehensive test code asserting all possible use cases
- Perform thorough unit tests
- Fix all bugs reported from QA/UAT
- Work on deployments through recommended tools and methodologies.
- Perform time-bound R&D for any unknown or newer areas
- Architect/engineer and/or audit the codebase
- Troubleshoot or debug issues encountered by onshore team or peer devs/sr.devs
- Identify/develop reusable code components and suggest the same to Foundry panel
- Mentor, assist, and review peer devs/sr. devs and promote the best engineering practices Document, review and deliver CDDDs
Ensure DevOps processes is followed across the team i.e.
- All devs/sr. devs are using recommended IDEs
- Ensuring daily code check-in/check-out
- Performing diligent functional code reviews
- Ensuring that code stays in compliance with Clayton
- Ensure good health of project repos
Facilitate proactive communication with project/product teams i.e.
- Use all relevant channels – Emails, JIRA, Slack or Zoom meetings
- Ensure the team is in sync with project/product/sprint movements
- Ensure the team has a definite plan of action for the day
- Ensure consolidated DSRs are sent by EOD
- Ensure decent overlap/availability in onshore team’s timezone (whenever required)
Facilitate learning & development for self and the team by –
- By setting OKRs for the quarter in alignment with the Company goals.
- Constantly perform self-review and Identify improvement areas
- Seek timely assistance from Reporting Managers
- Actively contribute to technical presentations, knowledge sharing, training initiatives, building POCs, regular salesforce release notes discussions, and help in skill development of peer devs/sr. Devs
- Become an expert in USABILITY based design and development
Exhibit good interpersonal skills by being a team player, staying approachable and collaborative.
Obtain and maintain certifications related to Salesforce, nCino, Vlocity, Mulesoft, Marketing Cloud. Required Experience and Qualifications
- Required – Minimum 7 years of experience in Software Development
- Required – Minimum 6.5 years experience with SFDC
- Required – Minimum 2.5 years as SFDC architect
- Required – Good in communication and interpersonal skills
- Required – Certified Salesforce – Platform Developer I
- Optional – Certified Salesforce – Platform Developer II
- Required – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science