Leading the UX Engineering team you will be responsible for:
- Leading set of front-end engineers towards building core infrastructure required for UI development across the firm
- Working closely with the business in Bangalore and Greenwich, CT, USA on defining new internal and external application interfaces
- Developing the technology strategy for UI development for the firm
- Building re-usable web libraries and user-facing components that support large, complex web applications at the firm.
- Designing and developing data intensive UI applications with great emphasis on data accuracy, reusability, scalability and performance
- Institutionalizing UI development process compatible to work with product owners, users, backend engineers and operations.
- Demonstrating the benefits of good design and user experience across AQR
- Optimizing web applications on client side (browser) and server side (web servers) to maximize speed and scale.
- Continually drive improvements in web infrastructure at the firm to be up-to-date with the latest in the industry.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of engineering
- Over 14+ years of working experience in leading teams and delivering software applications
- Strong experience using modern browser frameworks like Angular, or React or Vue
- Working experience with various front end libraries and components including Highchart, d3, ag-grid etc.,.
- Strong understanding of user experience design and data visualization techniques
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including browser JS engine, HTTP, web servers and optimization techniques
- Outstanding coding, debugging skills and analytical skills