– Create enhanced technical documentation and implement changes
– Conduct timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability
– Review and critique other team members- code
– Create accurate test plans, conditions, and data
– Participate in testing reviews
– Conduct basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards
– Track and resolve moderate defects
– Provide technical assistance
– Analyze and resolve moderate to complex problems
– Execute change management activities for project deployments and other changes
– Hands on CICD Tools – GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory
– Test Driven Development (TDD) (E.g. JUNITs)
Job Description :
– Consultant with 1-4 years of hands-on development experience in JSR 286 Portlet Development using IBM WebSphere Portal server with additional knowledge of J2EE and Dojo and web development.
– Idea about RESTful web services. P&C Insurance domain experience is highly preferred. Should have good communication skills. Ready to work in noon shift working hours (1:00 PM IST to 9:30 PM IST Monday to Friday)
– Depending on the business needs candidate should be ready to work on Weekends shifts with Weekly off.
– This application developer will join a team of technical professionals that work on WebSphere Applications for the Allstate Consumer.
Job Responsibilities :
– The Consultant Application Developer develops code for intermediate modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects.
– The Consultant Application Developer designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for intermediate projects.
– Ability to work in agile methodology
– Ability to partner closely with key business stakeholders
– Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements
– Recognize and understand use of design patterns for intermediate/complex applications
– Participates and provides feedback in design reviews
– Develop code for intermediate to complex modules, following documentation and development standards